Dedicated Dental Solutions proudly offers top-quality dental fillings in our Rapid City, SD office. Our fillings prevent broken teeth or cavities from worsening by adding a stable filling material to the decayed areas. Fillings are excellent ways to care for your teeth and prevent larger problems.
What Are Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings involve placing a filling material (porcelain, metal, glass ionomer, composite, etc.) where a tooth has chipped or developed a cavity. Fillings preserve the tooth’s structure and stability and protect against further oral damage. Some signs you might need dental fillings include:
- Holes in one tooth or many
- Unexpected pain when biting or chewing
- Discolored teeth (brown, black, or white spots on the tooth surface)
- Tooth sensitivity to extremely cold or hot drinks and foods
Some patients benefit from inlays or onlays to replace damaged or decayed areas, while others are more suitable for fillings. When you schedule your initial consultation with our team, we’ll assess the condition of your teeth and see which option is right for you.
Procedure for Dental Fillings
Our team has years of experience offering dental fillings to Rapid City residents. Your dentist can help you choose from a variety of filling materials. However, the decision typically depends on insurance coverage, the amount of dental decay, and material costs.
Here’s what you can expect from your procedure:
- You will meet your dentist for a consultation, where they will examine your mouth and consider the affected areas.
- They suggest what types of filling may work best for you (metal, porcelain, resin tooth-colored fillings, and more).
- Your dentist uses an anesthetic for numbing and removes the damaged tooth enamel with an appropriate dental instrument.
- They will remove all tooth decay from the area, thoroughly clean it, and prepare it for the filling.
- They will install the new filling, shape it, cure it, and polish it before finishing.
A dental filling appointment can take an hour or less, and we make the process as pain-free and simple as possible. You should brush and floss multiple times a day, attend biannual cleaning appointments, and schedule checkups after the procedure. You can stay on top of your oral health and ensure your teeth are in good condition by making dental visits part of your routine.
How Long Do Fillings Last?
The lifespan of your fillings depends on your chosen material. Glass ionomers can last less than five years, while composite fillings last five to seven. Options with longer lifespans include metal and porcelain, where metal lasts around 12 years, and porcelain lasts 15 years or longer.
Contact Us For Fillings in Rapid City, SD Today!
Contact our office in Rapid City, SD, to learn more about dental fillings and how they can help you. We will assess the condition and health of your teeth and see if fillings will address decay and improve your oral health. Providing you with a healthy, radiant smile is one of our goals!
Call Dedicated Dental Solutions today at (605) 341-0826 to schedule an appointment.