The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) links your lower jaw with your skull’s temporal bone. These joints enable you to open or close your mouth, eat, speak, and chew. However, if you’re experiencing problems with this joint, you may have temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD). At Dedicated Dental Solutions, we offer many kinds of TMD treatment to address pain or decreased functioning from TMJ disorder.
Learning the symptoms, causes, and treatment available for TMD ensures you maintain full function of your mouth. Are you struggling with pain from temporomandibular joint disorders? Contact Dedicated Dental Solutions for TMD treatment in Rapid City, SD.
Signs and Symptoms of TMD
Since many of the symptoms significantly decrease functioning and cause pain, you likely won’t be able to ignore them.
Some of the common symptoms of TMD include:
- Jaw pain while eating or speaking
- Jaw clicking, popping, and locking
- Difficulty opening your mouth
- Swelling, tenderness, or pain near your TMJ
- Jaw gets stuck in an open or closed position
- Fatigue in your facial muscles or mouth
Call us if you notice any of these signs and symptoms of TMD.
Causes of TMJ Disorder
Patients with TMD usually want to know what caused the problem. Some of the top causes of TMJ disorder include:
- Chronic clenching or grinding of your teeth
- Crowding, bite issues, or tooth alignment problems
- Jaw injuries
TMD Treatment in Rapid City, SD
Our team of dental professionals at Dedicated Dental Solutions offers a wide variety of TMD treatment options to restore normal jaw function and comfort. TMD treatment solutions include:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Jaw injections
- Jaw surgery
- Dental work, including braces or clear aligners
- Low-level laser therapy
- Radio-wave therapy
- Nighttime mouthguards
Start TMD Treatment with Dedicated Dental Solutions
For more information on beginning TMD treatment with our dentists at Dedicated Dental Solutions, call (605) 341-0826 and schedule a consultation today.